UK Atomic Energy Authority is a UK government research organisation responsible for the development of nuclear fusion power. Requirement to manufacture Busbars for MAST upgrade.
- Initial design complex and expensive involving Copper & Aluminium Busbars.
- High number of component variations and material sizes.
- Demanding Quality Assurance requiring high tolerances and material traceability.
- Agreed technical requirements and project scope.
- Supplied samples of Copper & Aluminium Busbars.
- Standardised design and material specification.
- Project managed solution – optimised material utilisation.
- Designed and produced Flexible Busbars.
Brief description of what difference we made… immediately and longer term:
- Developed cost effective solution for the project and future applications.
- Standardisation of parts and materials.
- Completed project within lead-time and budget
- Reduced assembly time – flexible Busbars.
- Significantly reducing cost of Busbars Systems by between 40% – 60% respectively.
- Significant reduction in ongoing cost of maintenance and spare parts achieved through standardisation.
- Customer benefitted by working with HV Wooding technical resource to give substantial technical improvement.