A Global manufacturer of “Hybrid Drivetrain” for Motorsport and Transportation applications. A key market for flywheel energy storage technology is the public transport sector. This technology can save fuel and reduce green house gas emissions by up to 30% in a city bus for example.
- Design/Manufacture Tooling for Laminations from 0.1mm electrical steel.
- Demanding tolerances – sub 30 microns
- Prototyping solutions needed to be fit for producing volume.
- Burr free requirement in stamping process
- Develop supply chain for raw material.
- Agree geometry of lamination profile.
- Produce prototype samples from Wire Erosion.
- Design and build complex compound tooling for volume production
- “Develop catcher unit” to remove part from tooling
- Contact CMM program for in process inspection.
Brief description of what difference we made… immediately and longer term:
- Delivered high quality Lamination to specification
- Developed cost effective process for volume production.
- Created a material supply chain that did not exist.
- Provided the customer with the first Laminations of its type.
- Established a clear competitive advantage for the customer in this field of technology.
- Optimised future product scope, provided the platform for next generation product, establishing a successful route of manufacture.
- Enhanced the customers Supply Chain by introducing other organisations that could add value to the project.
#hybridelectricvehicles #automotive #wire erosion #motorlaminations #presswork #electricmotors