A leading international manufacturer of electrical accessories was producing all components in-house.
In order to focus on core activities and increase profitability, they needed a strategic outsourcing partner that they could trust. After a detailed evaluation, they decided to outsource all presswork components to HV Wooding.
- 72 components with variation/tooling requirements had to be managed.
- Many of these components required by the customer on short lead times.
- Needed to smoothly integrate into HV Wooding plant, without adversely impacting the service to the client
- New manufacturing solutions were needed for non-tooled parts
- Full analysis of all tooling and kitting to suit HV Wooding machines.
- Project Managed implementation – established dedicated team.
- Took over the management of the material supply chain.
- Agreed quality/delivery criteria for all components
- Innovative approach – used our Buffer Managed production solution.
- Copper Busbars produced using Fibre Laser Machine as a cost-effective low to medium volume solution until higher quantities are required.
Brief description of what difference we made… immediately and longer-term:
- Created immediate space at customer premises for core activity.
- Freed up customer managerial and technical resources.
- Customer no longer purchasing raw materials, cash flow benefit.
- Developed cost-effective solutions for new components.
- Significantly reducing costs with single-sourced supplier for a wide cross-section of components and sub-assemblies.
- Significantly improving customer’s own service levels by delivering 99% “on time in full” with high-quality product
- Saving client up to 15% – introduced improved cost-effective process for Comb Busbars – Fibre Laser (Copper)
Sectors as diverse as the medical and surgical industries, renewable energy companies, the motorsport industry and the aviation industry can’t afford to make mistakes in prototyping or manufacture. The major names across these industries and others are select in the companies they work with. If your business requires precision manufacture of the highest calibre, you can rely on H V Wooding – a name that that the largest brands trust. Our focus on quality, customer service and innovation are just some of the reasons companies such as Schneider Electric, Honeywell, Rolls Royce and GE Renewables have worked with us for over 40 years.
As a customer-focused business operating in a highly competitive marketplace, we recognise the need for continuous improvement and innovative ideas. HV Wooding are delighted to be reaccredited to the ISO9001:2015 and 14001:2015. We have also implemented internal management systems, developing our own unique Buffer Management System to enhance manufacturing performance and delivery.
Our state-of-the-art metrology department is equipped with advanced CNC co-ordinate measuring machines and computerised SPC equipment that enhance our ability to guarantee the highest quality products. Adoption of modern manufacturing techniques, such as LEAN, FMEAs and PPAP helps us maintain sustainable improvement throughout our production and business processes and ensures consistent component quality.
Our policy of ongoing investment and diversification enables us to respond quickly and cost-effectively to customers’ changing needs and to continue to provide the type of quality components and customer service required in modern-day manufacturing.