A leading international manufacturer of electrical accessories were producing all components in house.
In order to focus on core activities and increase profitability, they needed a strategic outsourcing partner that they could trust. After a detailed evaluation, they decided to outsource all presswork components to HV Wooding.
- 72 components with variation/tooling requirements had to be managed.
- Many of these components required by the customer on short lead-times.
- Needed to smoothly integrate into HV Wooding plant, without adversely impacting the service to the client
- New manufacturing solutions were needed for non-tooled parts
- Full analysis of all tooling and kitting to suit HV Wooding machines.
- Project Managed implementation – established dedicated team.
- Took over the management of material supply chain.
- Agreed quality/delivery criteria for all components
- Innovative approach – used our Buffer Managed production solution.
- Copper Busbars produced using Fibre Laser Machine as a cost effective low to medium volume solution until higher quantities are required.
Brief description of what difference we made… immediately and longer term:
- Created immediate space at customer premises for core activity.
- Freed up customer managerial and technical resources.
- Customer no longer purchasing raw materials, cash flow benefit.
- Developed cost effective solutions for new components.
- Significantly reducing costs with single sourced supplier for a wide cross section of components and sub-assemblies.
- Significantly improving customer’s own service levels by delivering 99% “on time in full” with high quality product
- Saving client up to 15% – introduced improved cost effective process for Comb Busbars – Fibre Laser (Copper)
#electricalswitchgear #busbars #presswork #lasercutting #electroplating