Our solution to your High volume opportunity
A leading Global manufacturer of Electrical Automation and Control Solutions have a high volume of Metal Stampings and Busbars used within their product groups. These include regular repeat items and also spot ordered parts that are delivered to multiple locations.
- High volume of unique part numbers.
- Challenging lead-time requirements (next day delivery).
- Numerous processes including Stamping, Laser, Forming, Tin, Silver & Zinc Electroplating, Assembly, Welding etc.
- Multiple ordering methods.
- Delivery performance greater than 98% OTIF
- Project Management approach
- Detailed evaluation of lead-time, batch size and delivery frequency.
- Implement Consignment stock, Kanban & VMI where required.
- HV Wooding developed “Buffer Management System” to schedule work and prioritise production.
- Operate internal target stock levels.
- All processes in house.
Brief description of what difference we made… immediately and longer term:
- Lead-times and batch sizes reduced
- High reliability of delivery and quality performance.
- Improved ordering process, reduced invoice/admin cost
- HV Wooding has all manufacturing in house – more responsive supplier.
- Significantly improving customers own service levels by delivering 99% “on time in full” with 150 PPM quality performance.
- Reduced bottom line costs of the whole ordering and invoice process by 30% through consignment stock and supplier reduction.
- Future benefits of year on year cost savings - long term framework agreement in place.
To explore how we could make a difference to your organisation, contact us for a free assessment of potential opportunities.
Telephone: 01303 264471